Professional, very fast drying, clear finish with special
surface hardness, which uniquely combines the advantages
of natural oils and waxes in one product.
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Express is resistant to dirt, water and
abrasion and smoothens the surface. In comparison
to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients
creates a more evenly coloured and more harmonious
Simple application – without primer or intermediate
sanding – this saves time and money.
Suitable for wood; microporous surface does not
crack, peel, flake or blister. Resistant to wine, beer,
cola, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN
68861-1A – no water spots.
When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
(resistant to saliva and perspiration according to DIN
53160 (German industrial norm), suitable for children‘s
toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)).
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Express is suitable for protecting all
wooden flooring, such as solid wood and plankwood
flooring, blockstrip, OSB and cork floors, as well as
In connection with the hardener 6632 also suitable for
the clear treatment of extractive-rich hardwoods, such
as Meranti, Wengé, Merbau etc.
Approx. 2-3 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/
50 % rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher
air humidity can increase the drying time. Allow for
good ventilation while drying.
After 2-3 weeks, the surface is completely hardened.
1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat.
Product coverage depends significantly on the character
of the wood. All information refers to smooth
and planed/cut surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to
- For exotic wood species use Polyx®-Oil 2K.
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times.
- Recommended application amount is 35ml/m²
- Application of second coat can be done as soon as the first coat has dried. However, it is important to wait approx. 24hrs when applying colour for the first coat, before applying Polyx®-Oil as the clear top coat.
- If you prefer the look of untreated wood or to retain the light character of the wood please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
OSMO HARDENER FOR EXPRESS
Acts as an additive for Osmo Osmo Polyx®-Oil Express for an extremely fast drying time. The drying time is shortened from 3-4 hrs to just 1-2 hrs by simply pouring the contents of the hardener into the 2.5L can of Polyx®-Oil Express and stirring thoroughly prior to application.